Monday, November 27, 2006

Update On The Damp

As I came back from my trip to the post office, the woman in charge of off-site housing and some man in an official-looking fleece were standing in front of my house looking lost. As I walked past because they didn't react to my surprised greeting (I had said in my email I would be in from 3pm onwards), the woman woke up and asked if they could come in with me. They had been in my room already and turned on the heating full blast (it is now on a medium setting), and wiped all the gunk off my walls.
I talked to them for a while and the outcome of our conversation was the following:
- I need to keep my heating on to keep air circulation going
- I need to change my furniture around so there's nothing up against outside walls
- I am getting a bookcase (this was the most exciting bit of the talk for me)
And I found out the following:
- The fleece man has more sense than the woman in charge of my house, as she wanted me to move almost everything in my room, whereas he suggested I swap my chest of drawers and bed and be done with it.
- The woman in charge of my house is not evil.
- Fleece man is nice and will deliver my bookcase at the end of the week.
So let's hope that
1) I will still be able to move around my room with my bed sticking out from the wall.
2) I won't fall out of my bed while sleeping.
3) The damp will go away.
4) The fleece man is as nice as he seems and brings me my (ugly-sounding but I don't care) bookcase soon!!

Oh, and the woman in the post office is still crazy. I think she deserves a post of her own some time soon.

No comments: