Saturday, November 11, 2006

So Far, All Is Good...

Today I read Peter Pan, which is so dull I feel betrayed by everyone who has made me think it is awesome, including (and I know this must be a shock for you) Johnny Depp. There, I said it. Seriously, why is there such a to do about the thing? Maybe the play is good (I will test this as I have the play because I thought we were reading that rather than the book), but the book is dull dull dull. J. M. Barrie, I am sorry to say, was not a good writer.
Once I'd finished that (and had dinner) I was bored. So I thought I'd switch over to Beta Blogger, and change my template! What do you guys think? I really like it, I was getting a bit sick of the dullness (guess what the theme for today is?) and seriousness of the old template. I actually think this template and its colourfulness suits me more, or at least I hope it does. I've been feeling a bit lonely and weird lately, so choosing a more colourful template for my blog is just part of me making myself realising that actually, I am quite a fun person! Hah.
On the schedule for tomorrow is Black Beauty, so I am preparing for another day of dull. I will also have a walk along the lake to make sure I get some fresh air, and dinner will be improvised lasagna as I have no lasagna sheets in spite of going to the shop for them today, and no stuff to make white sauce as my milk went bad and I forgot to buy some more while in aforementioned shop. Fun fun fun!!!
I am getting better at actually cooking meals now, thanks to Mr. G. He is a really good cook and wants me to make nice food for myself, so I am trying... Having an organic veggie and fruit box delivered is also helping, as I have to eat the vegetables or feel really bad about myself. And they put random things in that I would never buy myself, so I need to think about my food more. Although this week they gave me a load of onions, which means I have to 1) use those in my food, something I don't usually do, and 2) deal with the fact that it means less 'real' vegetables this week.
And I've finally found a cheddar I really like, thanks to me having a sandwich at a friend's house on Thursday evening.
That's it for the update of the weekend.

1 comment:

Leni said...

i miss you. i've had a fucking crappy day & i feel alone & sad & uncreative in every way & i just wanted to drive to your house and see you and go for dinner/movie like we did in the old days. j said i should just drive down. i burst into tears in the middle of the cafe.