Friday, November 03, 2006

I Worry Too Much

I am up, cleaned, dressed, brushed, and packed. To be completely honest, I need to put on some socks but my cold feet distract me from the nerves that are upsetting my stomach, and they also form a nice, ehm, I should know this shouldn't I? Simile? I dunno, outside manifestation of what I am feeling inside.
I am meeting Mr. G.'s parents today.
I know that sounds like way too early in the relationship, but it is Mr. G.'s birthday tomorrow, and I was going to go up anyways, so it seems silly not to go just because I'll have to meet his parents. They, apparently, are really looking forward to meeting me, but those of you who know about my past experience of 'parents-in-law' can probably understand my nerves.
And to make things even worse, I was so busy making Mr. G.'s present last night (I know! I will put a picture of it up after the weekend) that I forgot my apple pie that was in the oven. I took off most of the burnt bits and I am taking it anyways because the bottom part of the pie is still okay, but it doesn't feel the same. The strange thing is, having an apple pie with me when I meet new people always makes me feel slightly more confident, because before yesterday, I hadn't really ever messed up a pie.
Anyways, I just wanted to let you know I am extremely nervous... Please think nice thoughts around lunchtime, which is when my train will come in. Hopefully I will also have managed to eat something by then (what doesn't go down, can't come up!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking positive thoughts for you my dearie... let me know how it goes

L
-x-