Friday, December 01, 2006

New Glasses, Ahoy!!

Today I went into town for some shopping. I bought some Christmas presents and have almost decided on Mr G's present. (Damn him for having a birthday so close to Christmas, too much thinking in one month!) The two most exciting things about today happened in Waterstones and Specsavers respectively:
In Waterstones, where I looked for a present for Mr. G. and saw several things I wanted myself but did not buy, I met a guy who... wait for it... is also a Johnny Cash fan!!!! Woot!! First person ever!!! We discussed the new Cash CD which we both love, and then I had to go for my eyetest, which was quite upsetting cos I've never talked to another Cash-enthousiast before!
In Specsavers, apart from the guy who took my preliminary eye test who was slimey, everything went very well. My eyesight has only gone ever so slightly worse, and the guy who helped me choose my glasses was really cool! The best thing, however, was the 30% discount Specsavers does for students, wahey! This meant I could afford the lenses that are .6 mm thinner than the cheapest, and .5 mm thicker than the most expensive ones. And I am picking them up on Tuesday, which makes them a nice Sinterklaas present!

No comments: