Monday, December 04, 2006

Em, Free Dvds, James Bond, The Sea, And The House Of Eliott

Any weekend that includes the above must be a good weekend, right? Right indeed. I had a great weekend seeing Em and experiencing the delights of Southampton.
On Saturday we went shopping, and due to the cashier at Woolworth's being silly and me not paying attention, I got 'Sense and Sensibility' and 'Dirty Dancing' for free!! And I finally got a handheld blender (which was scanned and thus payed for), so I will be making Jerusalem Artichoke (which are neither from Jerusalem or actually artichokes) soup tonight... Let's hope it doesn't suck!
We then went out for dinner (cute (if not slightly scary) waiter, and the food was okay!) and to the new James Bond film, which was actually very good! I have been so disappointed in the last few James bond films, but this one restored my faith, and Daniel Craig is actually a really believable Bond! I know this sounds lame, but I thought the beginning and the title sequence were the best bits of the film, although the rest was really good, too.
The best thing about the weekend was the trip to the docks on Sunday. It was great, very cold and windy, and for some reason there was an ice cream van, so we had to have some ice cream! I felt so much better (not that I was feeling bad) after we'd had a good look at the docks, the water, the waves and the ships, and had the wind blow all the warmth out of me. Nice.
Then we went home and watched the first three episodes of 'House of Eliott'.
Perfect weekend, I say.

Oh, and this one's just for you, mama:

Mijn zuster en vriendinnen
kennen de schoonheid niet
ze fluiten naar de mannen
en niemand, niemand ziet

de BAAI, oh de BAAI,
fraaigelegen aan de kaai,
zet mijn hart in lichterlaai
aan de BAAI, oh de BAAI,
vond ik eindelijk mijn draai
maar je oogst slechts wat je zaait,
een pirate zegt bye, bye,
aan de BAAI.

1 comment:

Miss B said...

Oh my god! House of Eliot! My mum used to watch that when it was first on... oooh childhood memories.

Glad you had such a nice time

L
-x-