Sunday, December 10, 2006

What Is It With People?

I will never understand why people who are walking in a group of two or more on a path (pavement, cliffside, whatever) that is only wide enough for two, never walk behind each other when a person walking towards them needs to pass. Instead, the person who's on their own always needs to just squeeze themselves in the tiniest space possible, walk on the street, or wait for the others to pass. Am I weird or does that seem rude? I dunno, maybe I'm just an old lady, but I find it annoying!

In other news, I now know way too much about Hans Christian Andersen's life (or, what some psychiatrist who couldn't be bothered to learn Danish in spite of his wish to know everything about Andersen made up about his life. Speculation is the best kind of research, it seems) and way too little about his work. But I might be able to find some more info tomorrow morning, which means I can start my plan and hopefully the essay tomorrow afternoon. Sigh. I wish I was organised. Or not doing an MA.

2 comments:

Miss B said...

youre totally not the only one who thinks that. I hate rude people and one of the sections of the rude community i hate the most are those who just.wont.get.out.of.your.way selfish bastards the lot of them (can you tell im cranky and ill)

good luck with the essay my dearie... you'll be fine. I have faith in you.

L
-x-

Queen Mushroom said...

thank you. ugh.