Friday, May 12, 2006

Some good, some bad.

I have finished my revision for today and have decided to not do extra work because, well, I don't want to. European Theatre revision turned out to be much less stressful than Shakespeare, although I have no clue how I will do in the exams. Not that it matters because the tutors are on strike and probably won't mark any of them, so we are doing work for nothing. At least I have the dubious pleasure of knowing that the two essays I am writing after my exams will be marked because the tutors for those two modules are not in the union...
So, today was a strange day. I got up at 7, did some work on 'Life is a dream', 'Tartuffe' and 'Three Sisters', and then felt so sleepy I decided to take a nap. I dreamt I was at a party in a huge house on the beach where I lived with my entire family, which was made up entirely of famous people. All of a sudden there was a lion scare, so I went to the garage where two Adrien Brodys were closing metal shutters and loading their guns. I hooked up with one of them after he had opened the shutters for me at the danger of being killed by lions (which were nowhere to be seen), and then the scene changed and I was married to Captain Fuller from '21 Jump Street'. I was trying to make sense of this while still being half asleep when someone started mowing the grass VERY LOUDLY. It turned out to be my landlord in my garden, so I decided to have lunch and do some more work, which I am now done with.
The only other thing I have to say is that there are way too few summaries of european plays on the net for free. And why does sparknotes have a summary of Beckett's 'Endgame' but not of 'Waiting for Godot'? Not that I am complaining, mind, as I have to revise 'Endgame'. Well, I am complaining because I hate Beckett but still have to revise him in case I can say something sensible about him in the exam (not likely).
Anyways, I will release you from my ranting and finish by saying my mum sent me an AWESOME card yesterday, in reply to the Edward Monkton card I sent her last week.
(Oh, in case you were wondering; the card and the Adrien Brody snog were the good, all else the bad, but you really shouldn't have wondered because that was quite obvious)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always think that adrien brody would be really atractive if it wasnt for that nose of his. I look at him and all i see is the nose. Well im obvioulsy a shallow shallow wench.
And fuller eh? makes a [very strange] change from booker i suppose

Lizzy
-x-

PS I hate Beckett too. I mean really, why go to the theatre to see something that is designed to be boring? Surely there should be some element of entertainment involved (i dont think Liz Barry was very impressed when i pointed this out in our seminar last year)

Queen Mushroom said...

Haha, I shut up in that seminar and started to just die from boredom...
I really like Adrien Brody's nose, it takes nothing at all away from his lovely prettiness...
And Fuller was just my huband, nothin happened..

Anonymous said...

i said just what lizzy said! yay me!

on a side note, i saw this thing and had to link it to you two and i figured here was as good as any:

pirates kissing!

Anonymous said...

Ah great minds...
Ive seen that pirates kissing thing before, while it bothers me to think that theres now orlando to worry about as well as Keira Knightley getting too close to my pirate (too much competition in the fantasy world in my minh), you've really got to admire the artistry of the person who made that! Its seamless!
But im his only wench and now i have the tshirt to prove it

L
-x-

Queen Mushroom said...

The good thing about a fantasy world is that you can do whatever you want and delete anyone you don't like! Your brain has no limits!!
And also, it would be kinda funny if captain Sparrow turned out to be gay, he's already quite camp!!
(and so is ehm, Will Turner? The bloke Orland plays)

Anonymous said...

Well, yes, he is the swishiest pirate to ever sail the seven seas. He could show a bit more taste though and at least go for the commodore... *sigh, twice the pretty*.
Yeah will turner is weedy girl orlando bloom.

L
-x-

spirito said...

adrien brody so ruined himself when he had to go and practically rape hally berry (sp?) at the oscars. (I say rape, I mean snog. I say snog, I mean drool all over her and make half the world physically ill).

Queen Mushroom said...

haha. I did not see that and will try never to see it at all, so I am all good. Although I saw the same girl on a lot of pictures with him, so methinks he has a girlfriend... Ah well, it's a good thing I live in a fantasy world.

spirito said...

yes. yes it is.

saw a cool johnny cash photo book btw, not even that expensive