Friday, May 19, 2006

I Have Lost It!

My Ebay virginity, that is, by buying this poster:

I have wanted it for quite a long time, and because I haven't got enough money to buy myself a proper 'end of exams' present, I thought this would be a good (and reasonably cheap) way of rewarding myself. Also, one of my friends pre-ordered the 'Walk the Line' 2-disc dvd set for my birthday which will arrive next week (but I will try not to watch it until I have handed in my essays on the 2nd of June), so I am all Johnny Cashed up, in spite of, as the wench put it, having no cash for Cash. (Don't blame me for the bad pun!!)
In other news: I am having problems concentrating on my work, which sucks because I really have to get these essays done (in spite of apparently getting an unclassified degree because of the strike). Anyone got any suggestions for concentration boosts? The stick figures won't help in this case, unfortunately...
Have a nice weekend, y'all, I will find out whether I get my fulltime job tomorrow!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, i dont know what to suggest for the concentration thing, i know it sucks when you have to do work when youd rather do anything but. It always seems like essays arent ever going to get done but if you keep chipping away at them they will. Try rewarding yourself with something when youve got to a certain word count. And try to change where you work from time to time to stop yourself getting claustrophobic
Congrats on losing your ebay virginity by the way (i wonder if hallmark make a card for that... probably in America)
And ill keep my fingers crossed for your job

Lizzy
-x-

PS, thanks for publishing my bad pun on the internet for all the world to see. lol

Anonymous said...

MEREL! Ik ook hebben weblog! Sinds NU!
Heet: pencilpenandpaper.blablabla (niet echt blablabla) ga kijken! tis alleen plaatjes.
For concentration: maybe make yourself another scheme with a little more time off then the first one. and go outside in between working sessions.
Hoe doe je dat eigenlijk, iets kopen op eBay?

Queen Mushroom said...

i just bought it with 'buyitnow' option, so technically i am still sort of a virgin, not having actually bid on anything.
Also, I think that might work with the scheme, thank you oude moeder!! Gonna go to your blog now.
Oh, and Lizzy, Leni really liked your pun.

Anonymous said...

Of course she liked the pun, it was some fabulous punnage which she can appreciate, even if she has bad taste in superheros

L
-x-

Queen Mushroom said...

hey, i agree with her. Batman and Spiderman are both mere mortals (altho I do have a special place in my heart for Batman), so Superman would kick their tails!!

Anonymous said...

No way tardo! Batman rules all! His film was directed by Tim Burton!!!! And its a pro that hes a mortal... he doesnt cheat with stupid superpowers, hes a hero without alien skills or genetic enhancements, he just uses cool gadgets and drives a funky car. Plus his costume is way better. batman wins hands down!

L
-x-

Queen Mushroom said...

wow. I see you feel strongly about this. I really do care about Batman as a person you know, he's awesome. But he lives in a different reality from Superman anyways, so it will never come to any fights between them (also cos they are both good guys). Let's leave it at that, cos you are scaring me!!

Anonymous said...

He he he. you know me, im quite scary.

spirito said...

speaking of which (Cash not Batman);
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000F2CC36/qid=1148337671/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_10_8/303-6011704-2217809