Saturday, April 28, 2007

Confidence Boost

Last night I went over to The Catwoman's place to pick up my notebook and a dvd (she's basically my free personal dvd rental service), but instead came with her and her housemate Topshop Girl to a gig and then to the After Dark Club. I got a little bit drunk but not too badly, and I had a great time.
The gig was at a local Arts Centre. It was a tiny room but the bands were pretty good and it was fun to look at their outfits. First on (except I think you are supposed to say it the other way around because the people that headline are officially first on except they play latest in the evening. I don't know, it confuses me, so I'm gonna go in chronological order) was a guy called Ben who did some singing/guitaring which was okay. I couldn't find the other half-pair of my nice flat shoes so I was wearing high heels, and standing in those for two hours is not a lot of fun, but the music took my mind off it most of the time.
Second was a 3-man band with a pretty lead man, an odd synth-man and a man with the most amazing mullet on what I presume was bass guitar. (Do you like how professional I sound?) They did some fun songs, one of them was called 'Snakes in the Mirror' I think, but I can't remember what the band was called.
Last (but most important, so technically first I think. Whateva.) was a 5-man band (I love how it grew by two so consistently) that was really good and had some pretty men (I can't remember what they were called, either, sorry), and obviously loved performing. They had a lot of fans in the audience and although we felt sort of out of place among all the people who all knew each other, we had a great time.
After the gig, we went to the After Dark Club, whose bouncer looked at me (well, my breasts, mainly) and told me I had a lovely body (I'm refraining from writing something sarcastic here). We had a really good time in the club, Topshop Girl (who is gorgeous) having found a guy to snog straightaway, and The Catwoman and me dancing the night away together, together with Ben (who had joined us in the club) and his friends.
When we went back to the dance floor from getting some water at the bar (which was in a different room), a guy stopped me and had a little chat with me. As I wasn't really looking for a guy but just wanted to have some fun with my friends (by the way, this signals quite a big breakthrough in my mental well-being) I told him I had to go find my friends (who had kept walking) and as I walked away he said: 'By the way, you are very pretty!' It made me smile a big silly grin, because even though he was a drunk man who I will never see again and I was very sweaty from dancing, it was nice to hear.
After we walked (me barefoot because my feet were hurting so much) home (part of the way accompanied by Ben, who seemed very interested in The Catwoman, and his friend) I couldn't possibly imagine walking the extra 5 minutes to my own home so I slept (extremely well) on The Catwoman's sofa.
All in all, it makes me feel really good to have had such a nice night out with my friends, and it's even better to know that while I was out I didn't really care about attracting a guy, and to me that feels like a good change in my life - maybe I'll get there one day... :)

No comments: