Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Count Your Blessings

I have made up my mind: I am going to be happy. I mean, I am reasonably happy anyways, but I want to become happy with being myself and the life I lead, and not just sporadically feel ok. So, to do that, I have made a few decisions about my life.

I am going to start swimming twice a week (I did originally decide three times a week but my sponsor, also know as my uncle T (oh, wait, they're both called T. Ah well, you guys don't know either anyways, and my mum already knows which uncle is sponsoring me!), hasn't enough money for that, so now he's paying one time a week and extras (goggle, bathing suit), and I pay the other time a week. So every Tuesday and Thursday morning I will be getting up at 7 to catch the bus at 7:34 to be in the pool by 8! (I did it today and it is not as horrible as it sounds)

I am going to stop worrying about imaginary problems. This may sound obvious to all of you, but my brain is wired in such a way that I worry more about things that haven't and probably won't happen than things that are real. And as I don't really have any real problems right now, this new rule in my life should give me a lot of calm and quiet.

I will be more environment-conscious. I am already recycling (as much as can be done in the UK) and I get organic vegetables (the meat is way too expensive), but I have also (sorry for the intimate details to those of you who didn't want to know) ordered a mooncup, and I am thinking about taking a coach instead of flying to visit the family from now on. (Is that really better for the environment? Can anyone tell me if there's been any research into this? Because it would be a long coach ride!)

I will do more things on my own that I want to do (I went to the film last night and really enjoyed myself). Again, this may sound obvious, but I don't like being on my own and I don't really know what to do with myself when I am. But that is all going to change! Tonight I might be going to a lecture about Global Warming (depends on how much work I have done, how tired I am and how much I feel like it), and the Reading Film Theatre is showing a lot of good films this term, of which only one is on Wednesday so I cannot see it.

I am going to start developing a better sleep pattern, which might lead to me finally being able to actually fall asleep and stay that way when I go to bed.

2 comments:

Miss B said...

*looks up mooncup on wikipedia* riiiiiiiight.... would rather not have known but ok... moving on ;)

Good for you my darling. Sounds like you're making some positive steps.
Recycling in the UK isnt the easiest thing, but its getting a bit better

And well done you for going to the cinema on your own... its not so scary is it? If you're a fan of something/someone and want to see their film more than once I've heard its often quite common to go to the cinema on your own...*cough* or so I understand *whistles innocently*

Hope this plan goes well for you love.

L
-x-

Anonymous said...

Applaus!