Monday, October 23, 2006

I Am Insanely Happy

Early last week, I was walking around in Reading trying to find Baby Bio (I didn't find it and although I have it now I think my rose has sort of died), and I was feeling a bit strange. I'd been feeling a bit strange for a few days and all of a sudden it hit me: I was happy. Not that I have been miserable for the last 22 years, but last week I realised that for the first time in a long time, I was genuinely happy. Happy with myself, my life, my friends, and my relationship with my parents.
I was going to write something about it but didn't have a chance as I had classes and then went birthday shopping in Brum (not telling you how much I spent in Primark but it was a personal record) with Leni on Thursday, and then I spent the weekend in Cov. I stayed over at a friend's house for the weekend, but I also went and saw the Wench in her new (and lovely) room. The friend I stayed with is a guy I have known for little over two years. We used to work together on the Information Desk at the DIY store, and when he left for Hamburg last summer we stayed in contact through msn and became really good friends. This summer he came back to the UK and he's now in Cov doing the last year of his degree.
While we were talking on msn I slowly grew to fancy him, but I didn't think it was that serious because we only really became friends on msn, and I wasn't sure whether I was just feeling lonely or something else. When I saw him for a barbecue earlier this summer I realised he was the nice guy I thought he was from msn, but wasn't quite sure whether I really fancied him. So, on Thursday I was quite nervous to see what would happen, as I didn't want to mess up the awesome friendship we have.
A soon as I saw him on Thursday evening, however, I knew that all the feelings I had for him were real, and I sort of thought he felt the same about me, but I wasn't sure...
On Friday evening we went out (and on Saturday I realised why I do not drink alcohol, it gives me ridiculous stomach aches), and when we got home we started talking and, well, things happened (no, not like that, get your mind out of the gutter!! We just kissed!) and now Mr. G and I are happily coupled up. As the Wench can confirm, I have not been able to wipe the grin off my face all weekend, and I don't think it is going to leave for a while yet.

4 comments:

Leni said...

and i quote

"oh no, leni, it's nothing like that. there's going to be another girl there and everything. no, no, nothing's going to happen."

can't believe you didnt text me. :P

PS: i'll tell them how much you spent in primark, if you like.

Queen Mushroom said...

I DID text you!!! And the other girl didn't show up...
PS: please don't. My mum might have a heart attack.

Anonymous said...

I can indeed confirm that she had a very big grin this weekend even in the face of expensive taxi rides, slow meat carvers and torrential rain. She must be truly happy

Ooooh and i too know the secret of the primark spendage... i think some bribary might be in order to silence those with such powerful knowledge! hehehe I want £1000 in used notes by noon! :p


Lizzy
-x-

Queen Mushroom said...

damn!! that gives me 22 minutes to find that kind of money, use it then get it back, then get to cov and give it to you!!! AAAHHHH!!!!
ah well, I guess the secret is out.