Friday, September 01, 2006

The Delights of Zurich

As I walked to the tram stop today, I couldn't help noticing how nice everything was. The sun was shining, people were smiling, and the lake and mountains looked beautiful. And I mean, BEAUTIFUL. I wish I could have taken a picture for you guys to get jealous about, because the lake in Zurich really is astonishingly beautiful. The water is extremely clean (almost like drinking water), and the lake is so big you can see all the little boats on it, and all the little (heh, make that really big, expensive) houses along the side of it. Then, when you move your gaze upwards on a clear day (like today), you see the mountains behind the city. This view is one of the best views a person could have, and it made me so happy! Really, even the people who usually read a book in the tram and don't look at their surroundings were walking along the lake with their heads turned sideways, that's how amazing today was.
This had already made me very happy, but when I bought a bretzel from the little shop at the other tram stop because I was starving, I was yet again pleasantly surprised. When I saw the bretzel I was in shock because the shop had cut it in half and put butter on it, and everbody knows bretzels should be enjoyed either with nothing but the salt that is on it, or lots of cheese melted on top of it. But then I took a bite, and realised the bretzel was gorgeous. But it did have a lot of butter on it, so I will have to control my urge to buy one every day...

4 comments:

spirito said...

Zurich is indeed a lovely city. And quite close to Italy which is good too.

Leni said...

so good, she posted twice. ;)

Queen Mushroom said...

Urgh, yes, stupid free wireless. Took care of it!

Anonymous said...

i went to zurich once as a child. cant remember much of it im afraid cause it gets blurred with that Bear town (ignorant english girl alert!!!!). Ive been on separate occasions to parts of the german speaking bit and the italian speaking bit of swizerland and i have to aggree with you that the zurich area is beautiful. However i did have a very harrowing experience as a child abord an out of control husky sledge on top of the jungfrau, so its not all happy memories. Watch out for them pesky huskies!

L
-x-