Sunday, September 24, 2006

Gross Mythen: The Queen Mushroom Story (Or, I Was Very Sweaty Today But I Showered So I Am Not Anymore)



This is the mountain I climbed today (at least, the part of it you can climb from the cable cart station which isn't in the picture because I am standing in front of it taking the picture). It is called Gross Mythen, and yes, there is also a smaller one called Klein Mythen next to it. The climb involved a lot of blood, sweat and tears (actually, only sweat but the amounts of it more than made up for the other two) but I made it in 2 hours, and when we got to the top there was a man playing an Alpenhorn:



When we descended, the man was playing the horn above us, and below we could hear the cow bells. This made it an ultimately Swiss experience, and I also realised I don't actually have a fear of heights so that was great! The view was absolutely stunning (but pictures of the view don't work out well so I didn't take any and just enjoyed it) and while walking down I could really look at it at my leisure, and it still only took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to where the cable cart station was. Damn gravity pulling you down when you dont want it!

And another very nice thing was that when I had just started to descend again, I had sjans from a really cute guy. I don't know how to explain sjans in English, but it's basically when someone looks at you in a way that means they sort of fancy you. And that while I was sweaty! I was less sweaty than him though, having just had a half hour rest whereas he'd been climbing a mountain.

Done with the story of sweat now. It was a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so finally after the saga of msn cutting us off i get closure on what sjans means
so he was checking you out basically
Nice one

Lizzy
-x-

Queen Mushroom said...

yup. i was happy, in any case.