Thursday, September 07, 2006

A Good Start...

Today I phoned Reading University Accomodations Office to check when I could move into my on-campus accomodation.
I was told by the lady on the phone that, actually, I couldn't!
Turns out that even though I sent in my application sometime back in June, because my dad's bank had screwed something up with the financial guarantee so we had to wait for about a month for the correct paperwork, my application had not been dealt with until the 10th of August. But another lady at the Admissions Office had told me not to worry, as long as they knew it was coming it would be okay.
So now I have nowhere to stay, and the woman on the phone did not sound hopeful at me ever finding anything on campus. And in any case, it was my own fault for not sending in all my guarantees earlier.
It's nice to know that even though I left one completely inept and unsympathetic University, I will be joining another one soon enough.

(It's funny how wishes come true in really bad ways. All week I've been wanting something to happen to put on my blog, and here it is!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god you poor thing. that totally sucks!

Keep badgering the Reading accommodation people, ask to talk to the people in charge. Tell them you've been told different things by different departments of the university and be clear that the mix up is totally their fault not yours. If you make enough of a nuisance of yourself Im sure they'll manage to find you somewhere, they cant have filled up all of their campus places. Do they have welfare people like warwick who you could contact? If in doubt cry over the phone - that always makes people uncomfortable!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you my dearie.

L
-x-

(if all else fails tell them ill be sending my band of ruthless pirates [and not the pretty ones!] to sort them out! No one messes with a friend of Jack Sparrow's wench)

Queen Mushroom said...

ta sweetness. this is my plan for tomorrow, which was gonna be my fun day off work... ah well, being a nuisance sounds good too.

Leni said...

that sucks. they suck. are yu sure you really want to do this "studying what you enjoy" thing? i suggest moving to derby and sitting on mountains in the cold instead. doesnt that sound more fun?

you would not believe how much i missed you today.

(i really think it'll all work out fine).

Anonymous said...

mees, ik lees dit net na t sturen van een mail, dit is niet zo best. ik ben dit weekend bijna niet thuis, mail je me hoe of wat , of schrijf het hier dan lees ik het ook.

Rikje