Thursday, August 10, 2006

My Brother's New Flat

In about two hours I will be going to my older brother's new flat. He's had it for a while, but I haven't seen it yet, so after I shower, do the dishes and find out where his house is on the map I am off!!! Oh, I've just realised I haven't got him a housewarming present yet, need to do that before I go, too.
The reason I am telling you this is because I am really happy with the way the relationship between my brother and me is going lately. We used to have a lot of problems when we were teenagers and stil living in the same house, but especially since I've started uni we've been better, and now we actually have fun and want to spend time together! This is a big change, and I'm so happy about it! People always used to say we'd be better together later on in life, but I never really believed it because I couldn't see either of us changing that much. Now that it has turned out to be true, life is good.
There is a picture that was taken of the two of us when he was about 4 years old and I was about 1 year old. We're in our pajamas, and he's holding out a peeled apple to me, and my mouth is wide open to take a bite. I've always really loved that picture, but I never really thought we'd get any of that closeness back.
I just wanted to share how happy I am that my brother and I are finally seeing the good things in each other again.

3 comments:

Cybbis said...

I am glad to hear that you and your brother have gotten things worked out. It is very important to have your siblings close to you.

spirito said...

I agree.

Unless they're serial killers of course... or born again christians!

Queen Mushroom said...

Both very good remarks. I will go and ponder them.