Wednesday, March 15, 2006

That's what friends (and mothers) are for...

Lately, I have been feeling exceptionally bad about myself and what I do in life. The essay I was supposed to write is still unfinished, but I got an extension and a lot of sympathy from my tutor, who has given me how ever long I need to do it, and made me fill out an extenuating circumstances form. This makes sure that if I completely mess up my exams, the University will be able to talk to the place I wanna do my MA at and tell them I'm a good student, really...
So, I don't really want to go into what all is wrong right now, but I do want to talk about how I am going to get over it. And one of the main things I have found out in the last few day is that I have some really good friends and the best mum in the world.
One of my friends donated some johnny (depp, that is, althought cash is just as welcome) and chocolate, another took me shopping today, and yet another took me home for dinner and a general good time. All of my friends have made me feel so loved lately, and I know it sounds squishy and cheesy but I am really happy I have such amazing friends. Friends who will let me be sad but will also let me know they are here for me when I need them.
And then there is my mum. My lovely, lovely mum, who talked to me for 1.5 hours last Thursday, then 2 hours on Friday, and even phoned me on my mobile on Monday while I was in Sainsbury's (for the first time EVER, by the way) to make sure I was okay and to make me feel so loved I almost burst out crying in the middle of the store.
So, basically, I just want to thank everyone (you know who you are), and I promise you: as soon as I am back on my feet, I will be there for you guys 100%.
Thank you,
Love,
Me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, bless you chuck. Im glad the johnnyness (and chocolate)have helped. Dont let the essay panic you, you've just had your confidence knocked, it happens to us all at some point. im sure what you write will be brilliant. Hope you feel better soon
xxx

Anonymous said...

Ive just realised that i wrote my comment really soon after you posted. Total coincidence that i checked then.... im not stalking you HONEST!!!! *shuffles off to resume vigil with binoculars outside your house*

spirito said...

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG