Friday, May 04, 2007

No More Butt-Inski

Tonight is the perfect night for watching a bit of t.v. I slept too long and didn't do much all day except housework (blegh) and reading, and this would be topped off most nicely with a bit if Friday-night t.v. Unfortunately, as I don't own a t.v., I will read a bit more of the fourth Harry Potter (must remember to ask my mum to take the fifth and sixth to my grandparents when she comes to visit) and then go to sleep - I am exhausted. I broke my tea pot and my nicest mug while sorting out my curtains, standing on my coffee table, and I am not happy about it!
What I am happy about, however, is that I have been pretty much content this week. After our night out with all the male compliments I received, my mood has been improving and now that I have realised I need to tell my father to stop trying to rule my life, I feel so much freeer, like having realised it has also made it easier for me to actually do it. So soon I will be fully emancipated and hopefully feel even better than I have been feeling in the last week.
Oh, and in other news: I have gone off The Kilt and Chiseled Man. In class this week I felt no sparkle or anything about The Kilt, and to top up the lack of silly crushes in my life, I found out Chiseled Man smokes! Blegh. In any case, I am slowly starting to really believe that I don't need a man to be happy, and that I can be happy on my own, with myself. I would still quite like a man in my life, but I know that right now I am not quite solid enough in my mental health to not fall back into my old ways of adapting completely to what I think my boyfriend wants. However, I also know that some day (soon) I will be strong enough to be myself and stay myself, and I am thoroughly looking forward to it!
Kisses to all of you for sticking by me, you wonderful people!

No comments: