Saturday, May 12, 2007

I'm Bored And You Must Suffer The Consequences

1.How old will you be in five years?
28. Oh. My. God.
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
No one, but I am going to a Eurovision party later tonight.
3. How tall are you?
Apparently, short for a Dutch person.
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
Going to stay with my grandparents.
5. What's the last movie you saw?
Mysterious Skin, last night. Very good, but very horrifying film about paedophilia.
6. Who was the last person you called?
Ehm, I don't tend to call people really. Probably the man at Empire Magazine to arrange my subscription.
7. Who was the last person to call you?
My mum
8. What was the last text message you received?
It was from the Catwoman about tonight's party.
9. Who was the last person to leave you a voice mail?
Most likely my ex's dad. I don't get a lot of voice mails, and he called me by accident thinking I was his son. Not awkward at all!!
10. Do you prefer to call or text?
Text, but only cos I tend to have really long conversations and all the people I would have those with are abroad and I have no landline phone.
11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Writing a letter to my mum.
12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
Divorced. For about 12 years now.
13. When is the last time you saw your mum?
Too long ago! The weekend before my birthday, she came to visit me and we had an awesome time.
14. What color are your eyes?
Brown.
15. What time did you wake up today?
Late. About 11. I have been having problems with falling asleep and waking up lately. I am tired, like, all the time.
16. What are you wearing right now?
My River Island jeans, a new blue top from Tesco, my birthday necklace and all the usual 'jewels'.
17. What is your favorite Christmas song?
'Hang Myself From The Tree' by Caesar. Tis most awesome.
18. Where is your favorite place to be?
Most times, at my grandparents' place in the Friesland, which is in the north of The Netherlands.
19. Where is your least favorite place to be?
Ehm, I have no idea. Probably Essex, but only for very personal reasons.
20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
On a round-the-world trip that lasts at least 5 years and stops in Holland for at least a month every year.
21. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?
I have no idea. I can't plan that far ahead. Hopefully, somewhere that makes me happy.
22. Do you tan or burn?
Burn. Unlike my father and brothers, grrrrr.
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
Heh, this is gonna be a long list! Roald Dahl's witches, sharks, zombies, ghosts, vampires, werewolves, anything in any scary book or film I read or watched, and random scary men I dreamt of.
24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
A Garfield comic where Garfield tells a mouse to translate for him so Jon can understand him. He says 'Meow', the mouse says 'Squeak', Jon looks confused. Made me laugh. A LOT.
25. How many TVs do you have in your house?
I think one but I don't watch it because it is my housemate's and lives in her room.
26. How big is your bed?
Normal size for a single bed, I guess.
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
A laptop. Which I paid for with hard-earned Homebase money!
28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
I have an obsession with pyjamas. I LOVE pyjamas.
29. What color are your sheets?
White.
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
Two.
31. What is your favorite season?
Probably Spring.
32. What do you like about fall?
The falling leaves and their colours. Walking through the dry leaves, making everything rustle.
33. What do you like about winter?
Loads! Snow, coldness, wearing big jumpers, scarves, gloves, Sinterklaas, and lots more.
34. What do you like about the summer?
Very little.
35. What do you like about Spring?
My birthday and wearing less clothes without having to expose too much flesh.
36. How many states/provinces have you lived in?
Sheesh. Ehm, 4 I guess. North-Holland, Hessen, West-Midlands and Berkshire.
37. What cities/towns have you lived in?
Amsterdam, Frankfurt am Main, Coventry, Reading.
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
Bare feet.
39. Are you a social person?
Definitely, I love being around other people.
40. What was the last thing you ate?
An avocado.
41. What is your favorite restaurant?
Difficult!!! Prezzo is nice, but so is that Turkish restaurant whose name I can't remember and the Medditeranean whose name I can't remember, and many more. I just like all restaurants except Chinese ones.
42. What is your favorite ice cream?
Ben & Jerry's Caramel Chew-Chew or Phishfood
43. What is your favorite dessert?
Pffffff, that's too hard a decision. I like almost every dessert ever made.
44. What is your favorite kind of soup?
Hmmmmmm, any ones made by my mother or grandmothers.
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
I HATE jam.
46. Do you like Chinese food?
Nope.
47. Do you like coffee?
With lots of milk, yes.
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
Ehm, not that many, I'm a tea drinker, really.
49. What do you drink in the morning?
Tea or juice.
50. What time do you usually go to bed?
Half past ten-ish, if I am home. If I am with other people, usually around midnight.
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
Not really, I kinda fill the whole thing.
52. Do you know how to play poker?
No. I have the least poker-face-like face ever.
53. Do you like to cuddle?
Yes! Very much so.
54. Have you ever been to Canada?
No, but I would love to go.
55. Do you have an addictive personality?
Probably, yes.
56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
At home. I am trying to force myself to make nice food for myself as part of my new loving-myself-regime. Also, I am poor.
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
Yes, two people actually. A girl I went to Drama School with and someone I went to uni with at Warwick. Also, Marlon Brando. But I don't really know him as such.
59. Do you want kids?
Right now, I'm not sure.
60. Do you speak any other languages?
I speak Dutch, German and English. And a little bit of French and some Russian phrases.
61. Have you ever gotten stitches?
Yes, I was quite accident-prone as a child. Once, I had part of my mouth stitched up, and no, not because people got sick of hearing me talk!
62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
No, but I have been in a police van with the sirens on.
63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
Ocean is WAY prettier and much more calming.
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats?
Always a window, I like pondering the outside world.
65. Do you know how to drive?
Nope.
66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Books, Johnny Cash goodies and FOOD!!
67. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
No, I am too afraid that I'll be strangled by my necklace in my sleep as my mum always said I would be.
68. What is your favorite TV show?
Pffffffff, that's too hard. I love t.v. about half as much as I love food, which is A LOT, so I like almost anything except most reality t.v. and I get really upset watching the news.
69. Can you roll your tongue?
I'm not sure what that is, so for safety's sake I'm going to say no. My tongue is rather more defective than most people's.
70. Who is the funniest person you know?
Ehm, I have no idea. Everyone has their own funniness, it depends on your mood I think.
71. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
Yes, either a brown bear or a tiger.
72. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
It's called 'Ambient Mood' but I would much rather have it be a Johnny Cash song. Alas, I have no technical skills whatsoever.
73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
My mum probably has some in her attic, seeing as almost everything ever lives there.
74. What red object is closest to you right now?
My new thermos mug.
75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
Yes.
76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Closed. Because I am anal.
77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
I think bees because I am not allergic and I think there's more chance of surviving.
79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
I don't really eat them.
80. What is your favorite food?
That question is unanswerable. All food is good, except green peppers, peas and apricots.
81. Can you change the oil on a car?
No! Weirdo.
82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Haha, seeing as the fastest thing I have ever driven is a bicycle I'm proud to say I haven't.
83. Have you ever run out of gas?
I don't own a car!
84. What is your preferred method of transportation?
I have recently started enjoying walking places.
85. What was the last book you read?
'Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl' by Harriet Jacobs - I am now thinking of doing my Theory essay about its introduction.
86. Do you read the newspaper?
No, but I should.
87. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
From today it is official: I have a subscription to Empire magazine!
89. Do you watch soap operas?
Yes, whenever I spend an evening at the Catwoman's house.
90. Do you dance in the car?
I dance whenever I am happy about something, so I probably have danced in a car at some point in my life.
91. What radio station did you last listen to?
I am currently listening to Radio 2.
92. Who is in the picture frame closest to you?
A drawing of a little knight by my mother.
93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper?
'Reader, be assured this narrative is no fiction' - the start of the introduction of the aforementioned book by Harriet Jacobs.
94. What is your favorite candle scent?
A candle that is way too expensie for me to even consider buying, I think it is Grapefruit and Pear but I might be wrong - it is gorgeous... I go smell it every time I am at Tesco's, like the freak that I am.
95. What is your favorite board game?
Cluedo! I LOVE that game, and I almost always win.
97. When was the last time you attended church?
Pfff, I have no idea. Probably Christmas Eve of the year my grandad was in hospital, to keep my nan company.
98. Who was your favorite teacher in high school?
Mr Rogers and Miss Kessler. They rocked.
99. Where did you go on vacation this past summer?
I didn't really go on holiday. I spent some of the summer at my mother's, some at my grandparents', and some at my father's. I went for a short 3-day holiday with my nan in Groningen, which is the province next to the one she lives in, and I went to the Unspunnen festival in Interlaken, Switzerland, but that was only for a weekend.

3 comments:

Miss B said...

Awww, incidents in the life of a slave girl. Takes me back to second year. At least that one doesnt have obscure sperm references!.... or does it? hehe

-x-

Queen Mushroom said...

haha, doesn't everything?

Anonymous said...

it's about time you updated - don't you think