Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Holland

I feel very happy with myself today. Got up reasonably early, spent whole day tidying and cleaning my room and did laundry! And when I say I tidied my room, I mean I threw loads of things away, and actually cleaned and dusted and vacuumed (even under the bed!!). So I think now I have nothing to do but to let you guys in on how I spent last week in The Netherlands. Here goes:
Sunday:
I went to work, then made my housemate drive me to the airport where a grumpy stewardess told me I had to pay extra (£15!!) if I wanted extra legroom. I declined graciously. Sat next to an English woman with baby and five-year-old boy who were surprisingly pleasant throughout the flight. The boy was both Dutch and English, and extremely cute. When I got out of arrivals, I managed not to cry when I hugged my mum. We went home and I ate some pigeon her boyfriend had made. Went to sleep.
Monday:
MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! Turned 22. Me and my mum spent about an hour (seriously) finding an outfit to wear for me, because what I had planned originally didn't look very nice and I wanted to wear my new skirt. Then we went to Almere, to see my aunt, uncle, two cousins and grandparents from my mum's side. It was good, except that my grandfather is now quite obviously unhealthy and sleeps a lot. But we had fun, and I went back to Amsterdam feeling happy and loved, if a little bit worried.
Tuesday:
Didn't do much. Watched awesome documentary on Johnny Cash my mum taped for me ages ago. (btw, Lizzy, Cash played in the Viper Room in the 90s for his big comeback!). My aunt came over for dinner and gave me a hideous present. We had fun.
Wednesday:
Went to see my father's parents in the afternoon. As I was walking from the bus stop to their house, a group of little boys asked me if I could free this fish they had caught from the hook in his mouth. I couldn't, but someone came along with a pair of scissors so I left in the knowledge the fish would die without a hook in his mouth. Lucky fish, eh? Had fun with my grandparents, talked a lot about my bro and his brand new son, because my nan is quite angry about the whole situation, which I could write and entire blog about (but I won't), let alone part of a post. At about 6, I went to my uncle's for dinner, and met my mum there as well. My uncle has a new place, so it was nice to see it and him! Gave me an awesome present; a whisk in the shape of a squid.
Thursday:
Went to the beach on my own. It was great. Took some really nice pictures I would post here if I knew how to.
Friday:
Went shopping with my female best friend in Amsterdam, then we went to my male best friend's house together and went for dinner in a yummy restaurant.
Saturday:
Got up ridiculously early to catch the bus to the trainstation to get the train to the airport to get the plane back to England. When we got to the bus stop, at 7:30 AM, it was surrounded by young people (mostly 18-year-olds) getting the bus to the trainstation after this big rave thing that had been going on the night before. Me and my mum were not amused. We were standing, me trying to ignore the guy next to me chatting up the girl next to me, when one of the sitting guys puked on me. Well, on one of my white trainers and part of my jeans, the rest went all over the floor. Managed to wipe most of it when we got out of the bus. Rest of the day not worth mentioning, although it was amazing how many annoying businessmen were on the flight! Oh, and again, a grumpy stewardess told me the legroom story.
All in all, a very good week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God youve posted. Ive just read a very disturbing possible spoiler for pirates 2 and i really needed a displacement activity to stop my hyperventilating, and yay! you provided me with one. Thankyou so much! Oh dear, the raving fangirl in me rears her ugly head once again. Speaking of deppie stuff, good on mr cash for playing at the viper room! He has just gone up one cool notch in my book. (not that i have a cool book or anything)
Aaaanyway, glad you had a nice time back home. That squid whisk sounds intriguing, you must now make lots of souffle! That puke incident sucks, hope you managed to get cleaned up. What was the hideous present your aunt gave you? And what does pigeon taste like?
Got your text, glad you liked the knitty kitty. Cute isnt she?
I have not done anything interesting apart from go essay crazy, oooh and im currently ploughing through my new series 4 21 jump street dvds. i tell you what, the whole tom hanson is not a sexy character thing is TOTALLY blown away in series four. YUM!
Well, ill see you soon you old 22 year old you. Us 20 year olds really shouldnt be seen hanging around with you old timers but i think ill make an exception for you, youre still young at heart.

Lizzy
-x-

Queen Mushroom said...

you're 20? Are you trying to kill me or what?
Just saw Brokeback Mountain, might write on it later.
Oh, and the documentary showed you a bit of the concert and it had some gratuitous Depp in it!! Wahey for the BBC.

Anonymous said...

Gratuitous depp!!! mmmmmm that sounds rather nice. I could do with some gratuitous depp. Oh and Brokeback Mountain... *weeps*

L
-x-

PS yup, im 20 (until 4th of june)

spirito said...

posting pics is quite simple: when you write a new blog message there's an option on the frame above (with the fonts and sizes and... shit) where you can add pictures. They look quite small and I don't think you can put loads up, but still.

oh and I'm your best male friend. weeeeeeeh

(I'm going for 'best sounds like a girl in blog comments male friends')

spirito said...

oh and that sounded like a crying weeeeeh but I was going for more of a wie sound (dutch sound that is)