Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The McQuaid brothers!! HEH!!

I finally have time, after my weekend of watching '21 Jump Street', to write my conclusion on the Penhall/Hanson dilemma. I have watched the first episode of the third series as well, and I think from what I've been told I can get to a conclusion safely, so here goes.
First of all, I want to talk about uniforms. In the episode where Penhall and Hanson (they went on a lot of missions together in this series, so it was perfect for my research) go to military school, I had some time to carefully consider the actual physical (not facial) attractiveness of both candidates. And I concluded that whereas Hanson looks squeaky clean and very goody-two-shoes wearing a uniform of any kind, Penhall looks damn sexy. He has a bit more bulk (babyfat, as it was called in one episode), so he fills out a uniform nicely, and I kinda like the semi-roughness that is innate to his character. However, in the same episode, both men were in a wrestling class together, and I almost cried when I saw how Penhall was dressed. Everyone was wearing the same clothes essentially, namely grey sweatshirt and pants, and blue shorts over them, but Penhall had his shorts pulled up as far as they could go which looked very, very bad. Hanson, on the other hand, looked delicious. He was wearing his white headband he seems so fond of when playing a bad boy, and his shorts were in the right place.
On the one hand, Penhall actually is a bit of a bad boy and wears uniforms well, but on the other hand, Hanson looks better and better as the series goes on and he plays such a fine bad boy (probably cos Johnny is a bit of a bad boy in real life). To make matters worse (or better, depending on how you look at it), Penhall's hair is doing something I am not sure I agree with. While watching him, I keep thinking 'get a haircut!!', whereas Hanson's hair is gorgeous and not so ickily neat anymore. I am not sure whether I can really let this count because it was the eighties, but then again Hanson is in the eighties too and he doesnt seem to let it affect his hair too much.
I think you can see where I am heading: although Penhall is definitely still in my good books (especially after the whole suicide thing and him being so nice to his girlfriend in the final episode), I have to admit that Hanson is definitely ahead of him, in spite of the uniform thing.
-this was where I got to before I watched the episode from series three-
The series starts out with Hanson looking lovely, as he has done for quite a while now. At some point, he goes to see Penhall, and this is where I became sure of my chioce. Penhall has a beard. And greasy hair which is even longer than it was before. I can no longer find this man attractive, and although he is still a nice person and I will cherish the memories of when he looked nice (or, you know, watch them again), I have chosen my man. Hanson, from series 2 onwards is definitely the hotter guy of the two.
But I still think the McQuaid brothers are my ideal man. Both of them. If I am going to be delusional, I might as well do it properly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! GO TEAM HANSON... no wait... that means i have competition now (in the fantasy world we live in where they are real people we have a chance with)
Ok, my comments
Never fear, the beard will soon disappear never to be seen again, and to be fair in one of the early season three episodes Johnny has something hanging off his chin that definitely shouldnt be there!
"Penhall's hair is doing something I am not sure I agree with" <- this sentence made me laugh out loud. A brilliant way to sum it up. And yes im afraid that while the beard may bite the dust the mullet only gets worse
I happen to like Hanson best in uniform, but hey im biased, and i will admit that penhall also looks good. (im still not quite sure why they needed pants and shorts though... surely thats excessive crotch-warming)
Im still with you on the McQuaid Bros thing, although the season three Mcquaid episode is very dark and in season four its kind of silly
Just wait till you see what Penhall does in series four and your dilema may come back. His looks are at their worst but his actions are very sweet.
Oooh, and finally, what do you think of Booker? A lot of fans hate him. I dont mind him too much, but his eyebrows distract me

Well those are my thoughts, and the other four people who read this blog are now further reassured of my Deppiness so Id better stop

I should go watch a quality depp film or something just to remind myself that he did better things than jump street... its too addictive

Lizzy
-x-

Queen Mushroom said...

well, i quite like Booker. He's pretty. And also, I quite like the little beard thing johnny has, i am not sure why, but ah well.
Oh, and I am never gonna completely lose my affection for Penhall, cos he's a lovely guy and still pretty, it's just that I think Hanson is now definitely the hotter one.

Anonymous said...

I FRIGGEN LOVE DOUG PENHALLS HAIR CUT SO DONT SAY ANY SHIT ABOUT HIS HAIR IT IS LONG AND SEXY AND SO IS TOM HANSONS HAIR CUT GRRRRRR....SO DONT SAY SHIT ABOUT HIS HAIR CUT