Friday, April 14, 2006

London, baby!

I have arrived in London! Well, I've been her for about 4 hours now, but I had to be clued up on how to set and unset the alarm and how to feed the cat and stuff, so now that the owner has left, I thought it was time to let you guys know what I am up to! I have decided to do lots of work while I am here, but these people have Sky, so I might get a little distracted... Also, they have lots and lots of good dvds. Sigh, life is hard..
This house has an amazing alarm system, and before he explained it all to me, the man I am house/catsitting for told me about the different ways in which people try to get into houses, and that a while ago, someone was killed by a burglar. Lovely. I have memorised everything carefully and will not be opening the door for anyone, but still... Anyways, he also said this is the safest neighbourhood in London, so I should be okay. And I am sure they don't mind if I give the burglars everything in the house as long as they don't kill me or the cat. And the cat is definitely the more important person in this deal. I mean, he gets mineral water, refreshed every day... And my most important job while here is to talk to him and stroke him lots. Nice job if you can get it!
Tomorrow I am off to see Les Miserables, YAY!! Have booked and paid for ticket and printed my route planner, so I am set to go and enjoy myself. The ticket cost a lot of money because they only had really good seats left, but at least I will be able to count Valjean's nosehairs! Now, that's art.
So, goodbye for now from a very lucky lady who has to go shopping cos all there is in the fridge is jams, mustard, and vinaigrette.
P.S.: why isn't the multpile of house hice?

5 comments:

spirito said...

I think I like 'hice'. Lets use it in a sentence.

"Oh darn it, I'm just not sure what to do with myself this weekend! I could go to my Rome appartment, or I could just stay in my Amsterdam villa.... *sigh* I guess any of my hice would be acceptable"

Yep, liking it.

Also, mineral water for the cat? But jam and vinaigrette for you? And why the nosehair counting?

Queen Mushroom said...

ehm, figure of speech, i guess, i am not actually all that interested in his nosehairs.
I bought food now, but it was quite expensive! At least they are paying me so I can afford it.

Queen Mushroom said...

a villa? in amsterdam? where?

Anonymous said...

Mineral water for a cat? really? I just do not understand the attraction of pets.
Wow, staying in a swanky house eh? Its alright for some!
I saw Les Mis last september for my housemate's birthday, it was brilliant, although not really one to sing along to i found. We had the best seats cause it was her twenty first (£50! i couldnt believe it, shocking) and i dont know about the nosehairs, but its certainly a good view. We got lost on our way back to the tube station afterwards though and ended up wandering around soho at 11 o clock at night wondering why there were suddenly a lot of sex shops... oh fun!
Have a good time

L
-x-

Queen Mushroom said...

haha, yes my ticket is the same price. I have been shown a website that tells you how to get home, so I should be okay.