Saturday, July 08, 2006

Why Some People Just Piss Me Off

I have just been in a text-conversation with one of my ex-housemates because I had to ask him a favour, and he just pissed me off so much! I won't go into the details, but it had something to do with a place to sleep for graduation and him asking money (this is not the full story, by the way), but it wasn't just what he said, it was the way he said it.
I know with texts (and msn) it is sometimes hard to know the real way a sentence was meant, and easy to take it the wrong way, but this guy is so good at pissing me off in real life as well that I have to wonder. Why do some people just automatically make me angry? More importantly, why does this particular guy always piss me off so much?
He is not that bad a guy (although strange with money), but in the three years I've known him, I've never really liked him, and I don't know the exact reason why. I think he smells a bit funny, he listens to crap music and tells me mine is shit ALL THE TIME (and I never say anything about his), and he's a bit of a male chauvinist pig. This is all reason enough to not really like someone, but I dislike him a strangely large amount, I think. He really really gets to me, he makes me shout in anger and want to kill him, which I think is a disproportionate reaction to an ultimately harmless guy.
So, it makes me wonder why he gets me so upset, probably without even trying/realising (although sometimes he definitely knows and tries)... Is he a bastard in disguise which makes me subconsciously repulsed by him? Am I overreacting? Am I not as mature as I thought I had become? Or am I just completely fed up with this guy who has been bugging me for too long?
I don't know, but I felt I had to share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

right, i'm not even ging to ask who it was, because it's obvious. i'm also not going to ask what specifically he said, because i trust that you will come on msn at some point and give me the details in full (the hint here being: get your ass on msn, missy).

i don't know if you're overreacting, because i dont know exactly what he said, but i will tell you that i got half way through your entry (before the inevitable loss of self-belief kicked in) and thought "i do not know how merel coped with living in that house for two years". i mean, i barely coped with aly, and she really wasnt that bad.

you know, just because you really dont get along with someone doesn't make you a) a bad person or b) immature. it just means you dont like someone. of course they're going to piss you off.

i wonder sometimes if you spend too much time trying to be a good person to everyone, and not enough just being you.

anyway, message me, biatch.

Queen Mushroom said...

my goodness. thanx, i think. I do spend some time on msn, but I am always watching detectives with my mum lately... you have internet now? Awesome!!
Am not ignoring the other things you said, but we will talk about them later, so no need to go into details. This comment has left me lots to think about!

Anonymous said...

THIS IS WEIRD.

I was just sitting here as my BIATCH niece in law just showed her face. As my mind ran wild and I said to myself, I am tired of her nonsense, just for the fun of it, without even really thinking, I typed WHY DO PEOPLE PISS ME OFF, in the yahoo search.
Low and behold (do people even say that anymore)....anyway, Ta-DAH, your blog popped up.
I was JUST thinking to myself, WHY DOES THIS CHICK GET ON MY LAST NERVE??? (I am a chick too, I am her aunt in law)

Anyway, I digress....

I know for myself, the reason why she gets on my last nerve is because really I am the only one in the family who rebels against her Crap. I SEE her crap. I REACT to her crap. when she talks, I am the ONLY one who is rolling my eyes. I am the ONLY one who has thoughts of grinding up glass to put in her food which would kill her overtime...(just joking of course)....and if this is the FBI, you don't have to come and investigate me...my niece's stress will kill me before I kill her (smile)

anyway, Merel-y-Merel....
thats my thought for you...

Does this guy get away with grap from other people? Do others find his music "unique" and think of him as a visionary??
Does he think he is thrifty with his cash??

Sometimes, I realize that some people just piss my ass off because I am the only one who sees it...

Believe me, I am not a shit disturber. I get along with all, it's the ones that don't get along with me cause I SEE through their crap and am willing to call them out...regardless of who actually sees it to and who is ACTUALLY willing to stand on my side...but even if I am the lonely one on my side, I happily wave my "YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP" sign on my own.

side note: people always tell me to do the blog thing...they say I have things to say, this is the 1ST time in my life I have ever responded to a blog...

anyhow, I am not a weirdo, just always thinking..

Take care and thanks for the blog. You are not nuts, he IS!

I just read you posted this on 2006... wow, anyway hope to connect with you.

johnsons.creations@hotmail.com