Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Name Of The Day: Wednesday

Today's name is:

Rukiye Atak

Apart from wanting to call my fictional daughter Rukiye, I also love that fact that a woman called 'Atak' is the friendliest, gentlest, and sweetest woman I have talked to so far. She is a Turkish interpreter and she's said I should come visit her if I'm ever in the neighbourhood, which I am planning to do cos she sounds awesome. (By the way, my use of the word 'awesome' has become an office in-joke by now, everyone thinks it's hilarious and they even suggested that my piece of text in the company flyer should say 'you are awesome', which I actually think is quite a good idea.)

Also, yesterday's name, Chaidanai, is a lovely lady who I found in our archives. We had never used her before, but I dug her out and now I keep calling her if I need a Thai interpreter, and she's more that willing to do the work. It is weird how thankful some linguists can be for jobs, when I am just happy they're not yelling at me for more money!

From now on though, I will only use parts of names and try not to tell you anything specifically about the people, because it occured to me that they might not want to be on this blog... And also, I don't want to talk just about the people I like! (joke, everyone's been nice so far, that's why I love my job!)

No comments: